The Yehuda Elkana Fellowship Endowment Fund was established to provide support for outstanding young scholars pursuing a doctoral degree with a specialization in higher education policy at CEU. The Fellowship fully sustains the students during their graduate work at CEU, including their research, allowing them to concentrate entirely upon their studies.
The Elkana Center supports the work of the PhD Fellows by organizing academic events, inviting guest speakers, providing additional opportunities for professional networking, and offering help with the academic publication process.
Please see the Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy, and International Relations (DSPS) Admissions website for details.
Current Yehuda Elkana Fellows
- Omar Abozeid Preliminary dissertation topic: Agency-Structure Interplay in the Transition-to-Employment of Occupationally Transversal Higher Education Graduates
- Samuel Kiiru Preliminary dissertation topic: Knowledge Production, Transfer and Utilization in Agriculture: A Case Study of Three Public Universities in Kenya
- Maryna Lakhno Dissertation topic: Universities: Local Agents of Global Changes. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals as a Policy Framework for Higher Education
- Nadia Manzoni Preliminary dissertation topic: European University Alliances as policy implementors, policy actors and agenda setters in the EU higher education policy arena
- Laura Palencikova Preliminary dissertation topic: Cultural sensitivity in institutional responses to academic dishonesty of students in the age of advanced educational technology
- Gunsyma Shaydorova Preliminary dissertation topic: Internationalization of Russian higher education: from periphery to core? Governmental initiatives and institutional practice
- Zia Uddin
Former Yehuda Elkana Fellows
- Daniela Craciun Dissertation topic: Systematizing National Higher Education Internationalization Strategies: Reconceptualizing a Process
- Renata Kralikova Dissertation topic: Transition legacies, rules of appropriateness and ‘modernization agenda’ translation in higher education governance in Lithuania, Romania and Slovakia
- Adrienn Nyircsak Dissertation topic: Reflexivity in European Higher Education Governance
- Elizaveta Potapova Dissertation topic: Making Sense of Academic Freedom in Russia
- Norbert Sabic Dissertation topic: Diversification of higher education in Europe. A policy narrative that legitimizes resource concentration
- Simona Torotcoi Dissertation topic: From International Commitments to Institutional Reality – The Case of Higher Education Policy in Europe