in cooperation with the CEU Institutional Research Office (IRO)
Dates: February 1 and 8, 2024 (1.5 hours starting 14:30 Vienna time)
Target audience: higher education professionals at all levels
The aim of the workshop is to give an overview of the main data collection, analytics and visualization tools and methods which can be effectively applied in the higher educational context. The workshop will be led by institutional research professionals from CEU’s Institutional Research Office. During the two occasions presenters will give an overview of the different uses of organizational data, detail the data management and collection techniques and rules and introduce the different analytical tools and methods. The exact content of the course is flexible and shall answer the participants needs and interest.
- What is worth analyzing? Topics and issues in the higher educational setting (quality assurance, rankings, supporting decision making etc.) (student, faculty, employees, research, classes, facilities etc.),
- Data types and formats (institutional data, benchmarking data, primary data)
- Database building and management (how to create, clean, store, ensure data protection etc.)
- Data collection (Surveys in Forms, qualitative data, collecting institutional data from various sources)
- Data analysis (excel pivot and other functions)
To register for this workshop please fill in and submit this form by 29 January 2024
For queries and more information, please reach out to: Dr. Pusa Nastase, Lead of the OSUN Professional Development Program for University Administrators at the Yehuda Elkana Center for Teaching, Learning, and Higher Education Research- firstname.lastname@example.org.